Vacation Rental Description
Offering an exciting and personal approach to holiday accommodation, Merimbula Beach Cabins unique self catering cabins are located in a peaceful bush setting right on the beach at Short Point, Merimbula. Adjacent to the surfing beach is Back Lake, ideal for families with young children, perfect for swimming and other water activities.
Situated 2 km from the shopping centre, Merimbula Beach Cabins is the ideal holiday destination. Our determination to keep the park small and personal offers you the chance to spend your holiday in the quiet and peaceful surroundings of our park.
Each cabin is designed to be fully self catering and there are a variety of cabins to suit every budget. Each cabin provides:
* fridge & microwave
* crockery, cutlery, electric jug and toaster
* small oven with hot plates
* ensuite with shower and hairdryer
* queen size beds in all cabins except the Bunkhouses
* blankets and pillows
* outdoor settings
* high chairs, cots and baby baths are available upon request with our compliments
* centrally located BBQs, laundry facilities and children's playground, badminton/volleyball court
* linen for hire
Relax away the day, lounging around the solar heated pool or take a more active role by engaging some friends on the turf surfaced volley ball and badminton court.
Occasional visits from the kangaroos and an enormous variety of bird life will keep the children enthralled.
The extensive lawn provides everybody all the room they need to kick a ball, throw a frisbee, fly the kite or relax in the sun and watch the dolphins ride the waves.
There are three different types of cabins available. Bunk Houses are conventional in shape while
Park Setting and Beach Front Cabins are pentagonal shape.
* Two bedroom cabins offer queen size bed with three single beds in the second bedroom, separate living and bathroom. Beach front cabins have a prime position overlooking beautiful Short Point Beach and the lake.
* Studio cabins are designed for couples offering a queen bed, combined living area with ensuite. They are positioned either with views of Short Point Beach or nestled in amongst the bush overlooking the lake, offering the utmost in privacy.
* new kitchens
* Two bedroom cabins offer a queen size bed with 3 single beds in the second bedroom, separate living and ensuite. These cabins are located in a park setting.
* Studio cabins are designed for couples offering a queen bed, combined living area with ensuite. They are located in a park setting.
* Two bedroom Cabins offer a double bed with two double bunks in the second bedroom, separate living area and ensuite. These cabins accommodate a family of six comfortably.
* The Three Bedroom Cottage sleeps six comfortably, it offers two queen size bedrooms and a twin share bedroom. All bedrooms are totally separate to the large living area and kitchen.
Boat and trailer parking spaces are available.
Merimbula Beach Cabins is the place for all seasons; we have a host of adventures for you to experience and enjoy.
Visit our National Parks and Wildlife Service Office, they offer a broad range of activities in our beautiful coastal National Parks.
A Gourmet's Delight
Catch your own prawns in the summer season in one of our pristine estuaries. Or dine in one of the many fine restaurants Merimbula has to offer.
A Sea of Excitement
Cruise our bays, lakes and estuaries on one of our cruise boats or experience the thrill of whale watching in spring in the sapphire blue waters of the Pacific Ocean.
Hook, Line and Sinker
The Sapphire Coast is famous for its fishing, as it is one of very few regions offering superb game fishing, bottom bouncing, rock or fresh water fishing.
Family Fun for Everyone
Dodgem cars, roller coaster, mini golf, pitch and putt golf, water slides, go-karts, paintball games, tobogganing, cycling, roller blading or flying a kite are just some of the attraction to suit the whole family.
Every weekend there is at least one market held, offering a wide variety of local produce and handcrafts.
A Cultural Experience
Visit our galleries and museums and enjoy a strong heritage of Koori culture, which is on display for all to see.
Music, Music, Music
Merimbula is renowned for its music and festivals. Each year we enjoy:
* Merimbula classical concert (March)
* Merimbula Seafest (May)
* Merimbula Jazz Festival (Queen's Birthday Weekend)
* Merimbula Camp Creative (September School Holidays)
* Merimbula Country Music by the Sea (October)
* Pambula Food Frolic and Festival (2nd weekend October)
* Merimbula Spring Carnival (Melbourne Cup Weekend)
* Merimbula Carols by Candlelight (December)
Thrills and Spills
For the adventure seekers try:
Tandem Skydiving, learn to fly a Plane or to Scuba Dive, experience Canoeing on Brogo Dam or Sea Kayaking, seek thrills on a Joy Flight with aerobatics, go Horse Riding in the mountains or enjoy a Helicopter ride along the coast.
Merimbula offers a range of sports from hiking, walking, year-round golf and bowls, tennis, squash, billiards, netball, basketball, AFL, Rugby League, cricket, horse riding, scuba diving, sailing, yachting, fishing, surfing and body-boarding.
There are a total of 4 golf courses in a 30km radius of Merimbula, numerous surf beaches, also a Stockman's ride and the Surf Lifesaving Club.
Experience the thrills and spills at "MAGIC MOUNTAIN" or with some luck watch the whales from the front lawn during September to end of November or get out there with them on "TRUE BLUE" or "CAT BALOU"
Cherrie & Kevin Gerathy
Please Mention S2S #958